Friday, February 5, 2010

Weekly Report-Week 23

Keep on trucking seems to be the theme of our school this year. I keep expecting the burn out to hit or to hit a wall, but thankfully that hasn't happened yet. Here's what our week looked like...

Language Arts: Princess finished Mrs. Piggle Wiggle's Farm this week and I'm very proud of her because this book was a bit of a stretch for her. She did great though and only complained about the length of her assignments once. Our switch to First Language Lessons and Spelling Workout is going great and I'm pleased with the decision to make the change. We also completed another week of Writing with Ease.
Math: We continued to work on multiplication and introduced multiplication within the tens and hundreds. At this point she's just doing problems like 600 x 2, but I can see that she's frustrated because she doesn't know her facts down cold. For the time being we are going to keep moving forward, but we'll see how things go next week.

Science: This week we talked about tornadoes and volcanoes. Here's our tornado...
We also made our volcano out of salt dough, which is currently drying. Next week we'll explode it, which is the part princess is really looking forward to.

History: We talked about Spain and Portugal during the Middle Ages and we also looked at the African kingdoms of Ghana and Mali. We continued to work on our mapwork, coloring pages and narrations. Her notebook is really looking great!

Other: Here's the one part of school that doesn't get done as much as I would like, but I guess that's bound to happen. Princess is continuing to go to clay class. Here's a look at some of the projects she has made so far...
Education of Me: I started to read MacBeth this week. I haven't finished all that I wanted to because of all the other things that needed to be done this week, but so far I like it. But then again I love Shakespeare so I'm not surprised.

Thanks for reading about our week, if you want to read about others, go check out the weekly report over at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

4 comments:

Aly in Va said...

It seens we're using the same type of curriculums (FLL,WWE, Spelling Workout)- however I haven't fallen in love with the last. We enjoyed Mrs. Piggle Wiggle too, probably more than the Farm book though. Sounds like a productive week and the clay class (activities) look like lots of fun.

Unknown said...

I am so glad you came and visited my blog, or I might never have come across YOUR awesome blog! I will be stopping by often- your science stuff ROCKS!

Stefanie said...

FLL was my 3rd of 4th LA curriculum and the one that works for us. We've been so happy since the switch. This is our first year with WWE and we like that too.
She gets so many ideas for books to check out of the library from it. LOL

Rieshy said...

Mrs. Piggly Wiggly has always been a hit at our house.