Friday, September 25, 2009

Weekly Report-Week 7 (sort of)

Well we did finally complete Week 7 of school, but it just took us two weeks. We had a brief interruption as I had to be flown to another country with better medical care to check out some problems I was having from getting my appendix out. The good news is: it's not infectious, the bad news is: I have to have another surgery to correct the problems created by the first surgery. I'll have to wait alittle while for that because #2 has finally decided to come! That's right I'm pregnant, which is zapping my energy a bit more than I anticipated, but at this point I'm just excited to still have the little guy with me that it's worth it :). So here's what we accomplished in the last two weeks...

Language Arts: Princess read a version of Arabian Nights suitable for her reading level and several other books off our shelf to occupy her time. We completed another week of Writing with Ease and Dication Day by Day. We also began reading White Stallions of Lipizza, which I am very excited to share with princess considering she loves horses.

Math: We did alittle work with adding and subtracting money, but mostly we did word problems. I just didn't have the heart to teach math, never thought I'd see that day!

Science: We talked about Jupiter and added the planet to our wall-sized solar system, here's the picture of that... I know, it's huge compared to the other planets, we may even have to expand our Sun! But, that's why I wanted to do a scaled version of the solar system this year so that princess could really visualize that Jupiter is the largest planet and how close Mercury really is to the Sun.

History: We talked about the spread of Islam and read about the Sinbad and the Valley of the Snakes. We also added some mapwork and copywork to her history notebook.

Other: We managed to complete her artist and composer studies for the week. Princess also completed a rough self portrait. Next week we will discuss more about how to draw faces and then try to draw the self portrait again. I'll post pictures of both next week.

Education of Me: It's a good thing that my reading selection for this week was an easy one or I don't think that I would have gotten any reading done at all. So far I'm really enjoying Otto and the Silver Hand and I think that it will definately be on the list for the next rotation.

I'm amazed we were able to complete any school work admist the choas of the last three weeks! I'm really looking forward to getting back to a semi-normal routine as I now have the baby's arrival looming on the horizon. I'm guessing that might throw a wrench into my school plans :)! Be sure to head on over the Kris's blog to read other Weekly Reports.

13 comments:

Rhonda said...

Absolutely wonderful Paige. I've been thinking about you so much. I am so very thrilled at the great news!

Kim said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What exciting baby news!!!! :-) :-) :-)

-Kim

Alicia K said...

Congratulations on your baby news!

Joesette said...

Congratulations on the baby! How exciting!

Autismland Penny said...

Woohoo! A baby! COngratulations! You're a better woman than me, I would have cancelled school until further notice if I had to be flown to another country for medical reasons. Prayers are with you!

Stefanie said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. My #2 was a long time coming too. 7 years long. LOL After I got finally got rid of ALL the baby stuff.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! The appendix thing sounds much less than fun, but I'd say expecting a new little one would help to offset that. ;-)

Cheryl@SomewhatCrunchy said...

Oh my goodness! Out of country flights, surgeries?? It's amazing you got ANYTHING done, you're Wonder Woman! Congrats on your pregnancy!!! That is so wonderful!

AF Wife99 said...

I'll join everyone else with happy baby congrats. Glad that your medical issues are also able to be fixed. Be sure to take it easy.

Linda S. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nekey said...

Congratulations!!!

Kristiana said...

Congratulations!!! I totally understand feeling a little zapped of energy, and I hope you're feeling better after surgery. I was telling my husband that I sure know some dedicated homeschoolers. Here you're having surgery, and dealing with pregnancy and no energy, and still managing to homeschool AND blog about it! I hope things continue to go well for you and Princess. Your school looks great!

Aly. in Va. said...

another congrads....from Virginia.
Considering everything that you're going through- I think you're doing an amazing job. Many prayers.