Friday, April 17, 2009

Weekly Report-Week 25 & 26

The last two weeks have been business as usual as far as school goes, but I have been too busy to really post much, sorry about that! I did post about our spelling plans yesterday which you can read about below. I hope to post our second grade plans soon. Anyways here's what we have accomplished...

Language Arts: We have almost finished the ETC book we are working on and I think that next week we will switch to doing spelling with Word Attack. Princess's reading has really taken off in the last two weeks, so I'm thinking that it's time to transition from phonics into spelling.

Math: We finished division by 3 and spent a week reviewing the 2A book. I gave princess the 2A placement test and she passed with flying colors, so we will be starting 2B next week. I can't believe that she actually understands all this and I'm very pleased with Singapore math.

Science: We have spent the last two weeks on senses and the circulatory system. Princess is really enjoying learning about the body. I thought I'd share a picture of her body outline so far, it's only the front; the back has the skeletal system and the spine on it.

History: We spent time in Ancient China and Ancient India. It's been a good couple of weeks, but I am disappointed that I have not been able to do all the projects I had planned to do with her. The thing is that she is still learning and it will all be ok!

Others: We have been enjoying works by Van Gogh and Mozart. We made some salt dough animals that kinda melted in the humidity, so now I'm in search of real clay. We have also been doing nature walks instead of Barb's outdoor hour challenges as I have found them harder to keep up with.

I hope you all have had a great couple of weeks too, thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Ami said...

Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

I have history project guilt too- I know mine would like to do more of them but there is only so much time in a week and we haven't been able to fit many in. I've been finding though that if something really interests them they have started making up little projects by themselves.