Saturday, March 28, 2009

Weekly Report-Week 23

We had a productive week here. I was able to finish the pictures for chemistry and I am almost finished with the remaining editing issues. It's my hopes that Chemistry for the Grammar Stage will be available for purchase later this weekend! In between all that, we did manage to get some school done. Here's the rundown...

Language Arts: We spent the week taking a break from what we are currently doing to try out a few of our options for next year. I think that we have settled on sticking with Sonlight readers. As for the rest, it looks like I'm going to put together my own materials to go with our Core 2 studies. Hopefully, I'll post more on that later.

Math: This week we wrapped up times 3 facts and had a test on her times 2 and 3 facts. She passed it with flying colors. For some reason multiplication clicks better than the rest of the operations for her. I'm not sure why that is.

Science: We studied muscles this week and tested our own muscle strength. It was a good week and princess is enjoying studying the human body.

History: We started studying ancient China and the Great Wall. Princess loved doin her own chinese calligraphy. Here's what she did...
Others: We used oil pastels to make impressionist style drawings and listened to Tchiakovsky. We also looked at another painting by John James Audubon. Here's princess's notebook page from that...
I hope you all had a good week, thanks for reading about ours.

1 comment:

Wee Pip said...

As always, I love your notebooking pages:) The Chinese calligraphy looks very nice, I bet that was fun! Congrats to your dd on having mastered x2 and x3. We will be entering that world soon and I'm a bit nervous about it! Thanks for reading my weekly review from Fri!