Friday, December 5, 2008

Weekly Report 12/1/08-12/5/08

It looks like we will be moving soon, so we couldn't really take off all of December for Christmas studies as I had planned. So we are doing a hybrid of normal and Christmas studies. Here's what our week looked like...

Language Arts: The switch back to ETC has been a successful one and I'm glad we did it. Also this week, princess began reading a Level 2 book, which is a step up from what we have been doing. She's doing well and I'm happy with the progress she's making in reading.
Math: We completed the unit of weight, next week review!
Science: We spent the week with reptiles, not princess's favorite animals, but we still had fun. Here's another look at her habitat diorama which is turning out to have a very diverse animal population!
History/Geography: We are working on a unit on Christmas symbols along with Christmas Around the World. It's going well and princess is enjoying the projects. Here's a look our pomador balls. Princess just kept making them!
Other: We are also reading The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, I love this book! We also sponge painted with shapes to make objects and read half of Hans Christian Andersons "The Pine Tree"

It was a great week and I'm looking forward to the next! Hope you guys enjoyed your week too!

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

It looks like a great week, Paige. The diorama is so cute-I love that.
I hope you have a wonderful week-end.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have a fun week! Love the pomador balls.

Robin M said...

Like the pomador balls. Looks like fun. Have a good weekend.

Robin of mytwoblessings

Ruskin said...

I love your pomanders. We just bought a nice big bag of cloves, so we might just join you. I love the coniverous forest. It is so perfect for a Christmas scene too.

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a fun week - It's been a while since we've done pomanders. We may have to give it a try next week.
I love the look of your new website, but I did notice that some of the sample links are not working.
I see you are having trouble with Homer's Iliad - I've never read it, myself. S just breezed through Rosemary Sutcliffe's Black Ships Before Troy and The Adventures of Odysseus and loved them even after her dad read The Trojan War to her.

Tonia said...

She's doing a great job on her habitat diorama - very cute!

Hope you have a great weekend! :0)

the striped rose said...

I love the forest!