Saturday, September 20, 2008

Chicken Mummy

So yesterday we went to our friends and did the first part of the chicken mummy (technically ours is a cornish game hen) but I forgot to take pictures!!! We had fun and it wasn't really that hard to do. Today we had to change the salt mixture because it was definately clumpy and wet, so I took some pictures.

Here's princess making the salt mixture to dry out the mummy...
Here's what the hen looks like after one day in salt...
Here's princess filling the cavity with the salt mixture...
Finally here's what the mummy look in it's salt bath...
This project so far has been really easy! I'll keep you updated, hopefully in six week we should have a cornish game hen mummy!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh, very cool. I'll have to check back in for updates on your mummy!

cellista said...

It looks great! We did this last year, although it took us more like 10 weeks because after we finished studying Egypt, I kept forgetting to change the salt mixture. Very memorable project though!