Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Language Arts Notebook

It's almost done! I just have to finish the vocab sheets which I will do later. It's time for mommy's summer break!

The LA notebook has eight sections: reading narrations, spelling rules, grammar rules, copywork, read-aloud narrations, vocabulary, original works(such as journals) and finally poetry memorization. Can you tell I like to be organized? It looks like alot, but most of it will be done orally, so I guess it is alot of writing for me! Anyways here's what the sheets look like...

The reading narrations (which I call Tabitha's reviews, these are for the books she will read) and the spelling rules sheet(the grammar sheets look just like this).



















The copywork sheets which I made at Zane Blouser website and a sample of our read-aloud narrations from last year (I plan on doing the same thing next year).

















These are the vocabulary sheets (I got the words from Core 1 read-alouds and my biology program, we will do these orally over a week) and the poetry (we are using the poems laid out in FLL).

















It looks like it will be a good year and I'm anxious to get started!

No comments: