Thursday, June 12, 2008

James and the Giant Peach by Ronald Dahl

This wasn't as big of a hit as The Trumpet and the Swan, but princess grew to love this book too. She was alittle scared in the beginning. She really didn't like to two aunts and cheered when they were rolled over by the peach! I had read this book as a child, but had forgotten most of it. It was funny and strange all at the same time. It took a wierd twist at the end that I didn't see coming, but it ended well and maybe one day princess will read it on her own. Here's her assesment of the book...

Was the book good or bad?
Good

Who was your favorite character?
James

What was your favorite part of the book?
When the peach kept growing and growing and growing

Would you read this book again?
Yes, if mom read it to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I enjoy your blog, and I just want to point out that it is Roald Dahl not Richard Dahl, who wrote James and the Giant Peach

Paige said...

Thanks Sarah! I'll go fix it, so much for multi-tasking!