Friday, March 12, 2010

Weekly Report-Week 28

School went well this week for the most part. I’m a bit cranky as I’m getting to the “I’m always uncomfortable” stage of my pregnancy. Thankfully, princess have given me quite a bit of grace :). Here’s what we accomplished this week…

Language Arts: Princess read The Whipping Boy this week. On the second day of her reading she threw the book down and said “I’m not reading anymore because it’s not fair what’s happening”, then she promptly picked it up and read several more pages. I had to laugh, but I’m also so proud of her because she’s gotten to the point where she gets engrossed in the story instead of in the act of reading the book. Yeah, progress!! We also completed another week of Writing with Ease, First Language Lessons and Spelling Workout.

Math: We spent the week multiplying by 6. Princess has caught onto this quickly, but we still need to keep working on her facts. Thankfully we have a game on her DS to help with that!

Science: We spent the week studying rocks, specifically what rock is and how it can be formed. We did a fun, but simple experiment about lava involving a toothpaste tube! We squeezed the tube to have the pressure build up and then opened the cap a bit and wah lah!

Princess can’t stop talking about this one. Here a look at the experiment page we did for her notebook…
History: We talked about Martin Luther and Henry the VIII this week. Princess was enthralled with Henry the VIII, so much so that when we went to meet her dad for lunch the first thing out of her mouth was the poem about his wives (Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced beheaded survived). My hubby turned very quickly to me and said, what are you teaching her? I had a good laugh and then explained that we had read the poem in Story of the World that day. We all had a good laugh about it after that! I’m amazed at all the “informational pegs” that princess is picking up along the way.

Extras: We managed to get our artist composer study done this week. Princess also went to clay class this week and brought home this project…
I’m really amazed at what they are teaching her to do, it’s far beyond my ability!

Education of Me: I started Gulliver’s Travels this week and frankly, I’m bored. I’m going to keep plugging on and try to finish it, but I’ve taken it off our read-aloud list for next year. Maybe we’ll read it during the logic stage, but I’m guessing it’s going to get saved for high school.

Hope you had a wonderful week! Be sure to check out what others are doing over at the Weekly Wrap-up.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

that tooth paste thing does sound like fun!!! Is it in the Earth Science??? I really can't wait until next year...

Paige said...

Lexi,

It is in the Earth Science plans. We have had alot of fun this year and I'm sure you guys will too!

Autismland Penny said...

I love the toothpaste idea! You are ingenious!

JessB said...

Looks like you have your hands full. Have a good weekend!

Rieshy said...

I like how you include the "education of me". I find that very encouraging.

Cheryl Pitt said...

I remember that stage of pregnancy, thankfully that means the baby is almost ready to make an appearance :) I love the clay creations!

Unknown said...

I agree with you on Gulliver's Travels. If you are using the unabridged version, there are some passages that would be inappropriate for a younger reader - but mostly it is just a bit hard to understand. I read it myself last year and came to the same conclusion as you did. Great minds think alike. LOL

Stefanie said...

Wow! Her sculpture is fantasitic!

I had to LOL at her reaction to The Whipping Boy. My dd was the same way.