Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Review: Science Lapbooks

We have been working on lapbooks for the past several day to review what we learned this year in Biology. We used the pictures from my program Biology for the Grammar Stage and the narrations that she wrote in her notebook from this year. Here's a closer look at the plant lapbook...
Here's a closer look at the parts of a flower book. We pasted the parts of a flower poem next to the booklet and then I had princess draw lines to the different parts mentioned in the poem. She knew each one without my help.
Here's a look at the types of seeds book, for this we just colored the pictures and labeled them.
Here's a look at the parts of a plant book. We pasted the parts of a plant poem above the flap book and them cut one of the pictures so that it would show the four different parts on different flaps.
Then we wrote her narrations from the student workbook under each flap, here's a look at that...
This was a really fun project and a great way to review. I was really surprised how much princess remembered. You can see more pictures from our other two lapbooks over at my yahoo group. Hopefully it inspires you to look at review time in a different way!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Thanks for submitting to Homeschool Showcase. I hope you don't mind that I snagged a picture to include. I love the lapbook.

Unknown said...

You know I love lapbooks! Wonderful way to record the learning and to review!

Leah Courtney said...

Great lapbook!