Saturday, May 9, 2009

Weekly Report-Week 29

We tried an experiment this week, I did not have a schedule!!! If you knew me, you'd know how huge this is as I tend to overplan everything. I just wanted to see what we happen if we did the next thing instead of making sure we checked all the boxes. It turns out that the ground won't open up and swallow me whole if I don't plan every last minute of our school time. Go figure! I did however learn that I do need to plan a basic outline of where we are going, just maybe not every day, moment by moment. Which is good because I need all the time I can get these days! So here's what we did accomplish this week...

Language Arts: Princess read Owl at Home and Mouse Tales this week. We also completed lesson 4 with Word Attack. In Grammar Land we read about adjectives. We are really enjoying this book and princess is learning about the parts of speech in a sneaky way :).

Math: We continued reviewing the strategies for solving addition/subtraction problems. We also played a few games from the Home Instructor's Guide which she really enjoyed.

Science: We spend the week discussing reproduction and the similarites in families. We did a picture family tree project and then examined the similarities and differences between our extended family. This was alot of fun, but sad too, since we miss everyone alot!

History: We read about gladiators and Julius Caesar. It was a good week and I'm looking forward to spending some time in Rome!

Other: We are about halfway through The Wheel on the School and it's a big hit here. This is one of my favorite books from this year, so I'm glad that princess is enjoying it. We also enjoyed listening to more of Mozart and looking at another VanGogh painting.

Hope you had a great week, thanks for reading about ours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paige,
Awesome report. I know what that is like to have to plan everything. I too, just make a basic outline. As you can see, I do just that. I do reading writing and arithmetic. We are also in the middle of a science experiment that I have not been blogging about. We are caring for catepillars. Well, they were catepillars. Now they are cocoons.

Blessings,
Karen
www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

Ami said...

We liked the gladiators and Rome too. I'm glad to hear that you made it without a schedule.