Friday, December 19, 2008

Weekly Report-the last two weeks

We have been doing Christmas studies along with math and reading. It's been fun, in fact princess has decided that Christmas studies is her favorite part of school! Here's the nitty gritty...

Reading-We spent the last two reading different Christmas stories, like Mickey's Christmas Carol, Santa's Favorite Story and the Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree. Princess read Henry & Mudge's Sparkle Day Stories to me.

Math-We wrapped up weight in Singapore 2A and then spend the rest of the time doing Christmas themed worksheets and living math, such as fractions in baking!

Christmas studies-We studied different Christmas symbols and what they mean. We also looked at the customs of different countries at Christmas. As part of that, we put flags of the countries we studied on a tree on our school wall. Here's a look at that...
(I'll add the picture later today as I just discovered that my hubby took the camera to work!)

So far we have had a great year, but we are looking forward to taking off some time for Christmas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your break and Merry Christmas!

Tonia said...

Sounds like you and your daughter had a good week. Your Christmas study sounds like lots of fun.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Our Westmoreland School said...

That sounds really interesting. Andrew wants to do some research on nut crackers and why they're part of the Christmas season.

Good week ;)

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh...I haven't been here before...I'll have to come back for science ideas. I am so challenged in the science area, but it looks like you guys sure have fun!

Rhonda said...

Paige:
It sounds like you've had a wonderful time! I forgot about Henry and Mudge and The Sparkle Days. I have that on the shelf-I need to find it!
We've been sick this week so I've not had much time to visit around or to blog but I wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you!