Monday, November 3, 2008

Education of Me Update...

Isn't amazing how many books you can finish when you're trying to read one your don't enjoy? Yep, you guessed if, I have only read one more chapter in the Iliad. This book is becoming my nemesis. I want to finish it because I don't like to give up, but this one's hard! It's just not holding my interest. So here's what I've read in the past week instead of the Iliad...
  1. The Secret Life of Bees-I really enjoyed this book. It's about a girl who lost her mother very young and has an abusive father. She runs away and goes to live with a bee-keeper(there's more to that, but I don't want to give it all away). It's really a coming of age and coming to terms with your life circumstances kinda book. It was nice to get lost in the characters.
  2. Animal Farm-I've read this book before and it was good to reread it. This books always reminds me that the grass is not always greener on the other side!

What I plan on doing next week...

  1. Read the Iliad-I refuse to take this off the list, I will finish this book! See I posted it here, so you all can watch and make sure I do it.

Hope you have a great week!

No comments: