Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekly Report 10/6/08-10/10/08

I didn't get a chance to do my weekly report before we left for the weekend, so here it is now. We had a good, but very busy week.

LA-Princess has taken off in her reading this year so this week we adding in some books from the library so that we don't get too far ahead. We also finished two steps in All About Spelling. For grammar this week we tried a combo of FLL and grammar in copywork. It seemed to go well so we will try another week of that.

Math-Princess had a math test this week which she passed with flying colors, so we moved onto addition with renaming withing 1000. She seemed to catch on, but I'm glad that we will spend some more time on this.

History-We started to study ancient China and princess has learning about the Yellow River Valley. We drew our own pictograms and here there are.

Science-We are continuing our study of mammals and princess is enjoying it

Others-We finished Mr. Popper's Penguins this week and princess declared it to be another one of her favorites! We also enjoyed another picture study and learned about texture through crayon etching.

Hope you all had a great week, too!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Paige, it sounds like you had a wonderful week. I liked seeing the pictographs princess made. We are also studying the ancients and the kids really like it thus far. I hope you have a terrific upcoming week!

Rhonda said...

It all sounds wonderful! I love the pictograms.
Mr. Poppers Penguins is such a cute book. I read it with my oldest a few years back. I need to read it to the two younger ones. I know that Maya would like it.
Sounds like your Princess is moving along great in all of her subjects!!
I hope you had a great week-end. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the penguin pictogram! Of course I love penguin everythings. Looks like you had a good week!