Friday, October 3, 2008

Fall Tree Project

Hot of the presses, here's our fall tree project! I got this idea from Crafts for Fall by Karen Ross, which I got from our library. The plans called for buttons, but since I had felt it seemed like a better idea. Princess used the glue gun all by herself for the first time. I think that it came out great and it's now the centerpiece for our kitchen table!
From the top so you can get a better view of the nest. Princess had the idea of using a magnoia seed for the egg and adding a small flower so it's not lonely!

4 comments:

Audrey said...

That is so cool! I'll have to see if I can pull it off.

Rhonda said...

Oh, I love that. And I love that she added a small flower "so it's not lonely." What a sweetheart!

Beth@Pages of Our Life said...

How Creative! That looks like fun.

Blessings

Vita Passiva said...

I enjoy your nature inspiration. I am hoping to become a more loving of nature girl :) Oh! I confess about my tortillas, we can actually buy them about an hour away so we get them every now and then for a treat. But making them has been a project of ours before. Thanks for sharing your ideas!