Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sorry it's been so long...


..but I have been busy reading! I have been working my way through Sonlight's Core 1 read-alouds to make sure that they will be ok. They are wonderful! I sill have the The Wheel on the School and Detective's in Togas. My favorite so far is The Year of Miss Agnes, I cried, what a wonderful book!

The great thing is that it has helped me to remember why I love Sonlight. They put together all these great books for me, along with notes, comprehension questions, narration ideas and vocabulary. It's alot of work that's already been done for me which gives me time to tweak it to work perfectly for us. It's so easy to get caught up in the next best thing or constantly looking for something better (TOG calls to me!). It was nice to revisit the reasons why I love what we are doing and that it's working great, so there's no reason to change! (I'm writing this publically so that maybe I will stop looking for the greener grass on the other side, LOL!)

Anyways I am really looking forward to next year. If it weren't for the fact that we are moving at the end of the month, we would be starting on Monday. As it is, we will begin August 11!

No comments: