Monday, July 21, 2008

Education of Me update

If you want to read more about the education of me, scroll down to my previous post. My plans are on the right-hand sidebar. Here's what I accomplished last week and what my plans are for this coming week....

What I've done...
  1. Read Ruth Beechick's Three R's--This was a short an easy read, but it's packed with information. I took notes so I could revisit what really struck me since I got the book on interlibrary loan! I learned quite a bit and got several ideas on how to approach things better. Mainly I realized that I was just expected to much for language arts, fluency in reading is my main goal for this next year. You can see my post below regarding our LA notebook.
  2. Continued reading The History of the Ancient World by Susan Wise Bauer. I've read another 100 pages that puts me at page 224 out of 777. Susan has done a wonderful job of making history interesting. There is alot of information packed into this book and I don't think I'll get it all on the first run. I have not taken notes on this because I'm just trying to get background knowledge.
What I plan to do...
  1. Read another 100 pages of History of the Ancient World
  2. Read Epic of Gilgamesh.

No comments: