Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer Reading Program

We went yesterday to sign up princess for our libraries summer reading program. Somehow, I got signed up for the adult summer reading program. Not sure how that happened but I do need some encouragement to get off the net and read! So, my first book is The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain. I didn't even know Mark Twain wrote this!(I probably shouldn't admit that) I've seen at least three movie versions and I'm hoping the book is better. My goal is to read at least 5 books of my own(read-alouds don't count!) this summer. This is big for me since I have only read two books for myself in the last year, I just haven't had the time for more.

For the children's reading program they are counting hours instead of books. They can read themselves, listen to books on tape or be read to. In reality princess gets about 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day that fit all that criteria, but I don't think it's fair to give her that much a day. So we will just count time that she actually read. I'm such a mean mom! Anyways, princess's goal will be 20 hours of reading time for the summer. She will be reading out of various early readers.

I have posted our summer reading plans and will add to the list as we complete books.

No comments: