Friday, April 4, 2008

Weekly Report-Week 29 Sonlight Core C

We had a busy and productive week. Here's the highlights...


LA: Princess is still chugging along, we only have three steps left in the HOP green book and it looks like we will just about finish the blue level before school is done. Princess is doing well with memorizing the poem Work and I think that she will be ready to perform it next week. I have really enjoyed FLL and I'm glad that we are using it.


Math: We are at numbers 1-20 again and princess is doing so much better! She is able to do the problems with minimal explanation from me and I know that she is really getting it this time. We also started skip counting with three this week.


Art: We started Drawing with Children by Mona Brooks last week, but this was the first week we actually drew something. So here is a picture of princess's bird. It was interesting to break the bird down into elements and see what she drew!


Core C: We are still in the desert with history. Princess is enjoying the camels, but I am ready to move on. The Wizard of Oz is still the highlight of the day! Princess cried when the balloon left without Dorothy, but she wiped her tears and said, "I know she'll get back to Kansas, I can't wait to see how!"


Science: We finished the plant unit of my biology curriculum this week and princess declared that we should do it again! Don't know if we will, but we do have six more weeks left, so maybe we will. Also this week, our friends brought over a baby squirrel that fell out of one of their trees. Here's a picture of it cuddling into princess's neck. It was really neat to see!


Hope you had a great week, thanks for reading about ours! Blessings...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great bird drawing!! I'm going to have to look into that book. That squirrel is sooo sweet. Great week!

Anonymous said...

Cute squirrel picture. :)

We are also loving not only FLL 1 & 2, but FLL 3.

Amy said...

What a beautiful picture! Sounds like a very good week.

Tonia said...

Sounds like a great week!

Genevieve said...

Your science curriculum looks like so much fun. I would love to hear more of your ideas, materials and plans for teaching science. We're going to be doing plants/animals/human body this year.

Paige said...

genevieve, thanks for the kind words about my science curriculum. It's called Biology for the Grammar Stage and it includes units on animals, the human body and plants. You can see samples if you click on the link on the right of my blog or at my store on LULU. If you have any more questions you can email me at info@elementalscience.com!

Genevieve said...

Thanks so much Paige. Sometimes I don't always see everything the first time I look at a blog.

You seem like such a fun teacher too.

Tina in WA said...

Great drawing!

Oh we had a baby squirrel for a little while. It wouldn't leave us even though we dried to return it to the woods.