Friday, March 28, 2008

Weekly Report Week 28-SL Core C

This week has been a very busy week for me! I was able to put the finishing touches on the Astronomy part of my Earth Science and Astronomy curriculum. Now I just have to finish Earth Science in the next two weeks or so. It takes so much more time than I thought to put these things together, but I am very pleased with how it's coming together. Hopefully I will be able to put some samples up this weekend on my website. Aside from that, I was proof-reading my hubby's thesis about poultry biosecurity. I'm so proud of all the work he has put in to it, after reading it, I know it's worth the sacrifice. Let's hope the committee thinks so too! In spite of all our work writing, I have also managed to do school with princess. Here's our week in review...


LA: Princess has been progressing well through long vowels and vowel combos in the HOP green book. We have also been moving throught ETC which has been easy and a confidence builder for princess. I think that we will be continuing with books 4-6 next year.


Math: We finished up addition/subtraction within in 10 and ordinal numbers this week! Princess is flying through 1A, for the second time. Princess has also taken to copying down her favorite problems so she can remember them. I'm not sure where this came from, but it's kinda cute!


Core C: We started studing deserts this week with Core C's history and it has been interesting. More than that, princess has been really enjoying Wizard of Oz and so have I. I've been tempted to stay up all night just to finsh it, but I need the sleep!


Science: We have had a week long experiment this week in which we measure the rate of daily growth of two sections of a bean plant. The first day we divided the section between the seed leaves and the other leaves in half. Section 1(closer to the seed leaves) has barely changed while section 2 has tripled. It has been amazing to see how quickly it has grown. We also had time for a nature walk and some flower picking this week.


Hope you all had a wonderful week! Thanks for reading, blessings...

2 comments:

CookieMonster said...

Copying down her favorite math problems? That's a riot!

Tina in WA said...

That is a neat experiment idea. A few years back our local movie theatre brought the original Wizard of Oz back to the movie theatre and we took the kids to see it there. It was neat seeing it on the BIG screen.